Hariani & Co. provides a wide spectrum of intellectual property services to its clients based in India and abroad.
The firm has advised a number of clients on copyright and trademark laws, and acted in intellectual property licensing matters. The firm has helped several clients to leverage their IP and unlock the value of their intellectual assets in a competitive marketplace.
The firm has special expertise in acting for clients in the entertainment, media and pharmaceutical sectors with respect to intellectual property matters. The firm’s expertise in the intellectual property and technology practice area includes:
The firm's experience in this practice area includes:
- Drafting various agreements, such as satellite broadcasting agreements, internet streaming agreements, intellectual property licensing agreements etc.
- Formulating strategies for acquisition and licensing of various intellectual property rights for clients
- Representing clients in proceedings, suits and writ petitions before various courts in India, including the Supreme Court of India, High Courts and district courts, and before various Indian authorities, associations and tribunals, to enforce intellectual property rights and defend against infringement
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting registration applications in respect of copyrights and trademarks, including before the trademark and copyright registry in India
- Conducting due diligence with a specific focus on intellectual property rights, drafting detailed review reports and evaluating the risks, liabilities and opportunities involved for clients with respect to the acquisition and licensing of various intellectual property rights
- Providing legal opinions on complex intellectual property rights-related issues