In India, the laws relating to wealth management are extremely complicated and requires consideration of several laws. Hariani & Co. provides practical legal advice to clients mainly consisting of high net-worth individual as well as family-run business houses on private and confidential issues relating to wealth management, distribution and preservation.
The firm assists clients with the formation, registration and governance of private and public charitable trusts, societies and charitable companies.
The firm's experience in this practice area includes:
- Advising on issues such as domestic partnerships, adoption and property settlements for families in India and across the globe
- Advising on the resolution of family disputes, particularly in respect of the division and distribution of family estates
- Advising on structuring the estates of individuals, companies, trusts, societies etc., to make these more tax efficient
- Advising on the maintenance and partition of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) property
- Advising and assisting clients on the formation and structuring of private and public charitable trusts
- Drafting trust deeds and ancillary documents for the management of trusts by the settlor, trustees, companies, financial institutions etc.
- Assisting with issues related to succession and testamentary disposition of property
- Advising on the inheritance of ancestral property
- Preparation of wills and codicils
- Advising on, filing and obtaining testamentary documents including probates, letters of administration and succession certificates
- Advising and preparation of advanced directives, which consists of a living will and a durable power of attorney or healthcare proxy.